I made Rock Buns today, both simple and delicious. Even for the most cautious of bakers you cannot get them wrong.
- 225g self raising flour
- 75g caster sugar
- 125g marg/butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g dried fruit (I used currants)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- Preheat oven to 180c. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together until thoroughly mixed, add egg and stir well.
- Sift flour and gradually add to mixture (I did it in 2 lots). Add baking powder, vanilla extract and mixed spice.
- Add milk and mix well. Add mixed fruit until well incorporated into mixture.
- Use a tablespoon to separate into 12 servings. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea!