I LOVE to bake. If I have had a bad day I find there is nothing better than letting all my stress melt away into preparing delicious meals and cakes. A particular favourite of my partner is my Salted Caramel Brownies.
This is one of my favourite things to bake for parties and buffets – so simple yet so tasty. A delicious tomato tart. It is a Pioneer Woman recipe which you can find it here.
My favourite brownie recipe:
Salted Caramel Brownies
This is a BBC Good Food recipe that I have slightly edited.
You will need:
- 200g unsalted butter, plus a little extra for greasing.
- 100g chocolate, 70% cocoa solids.
- 100g chocolate, 50% cocoa solids.
- 397g can Carnation caramel. Caramel. ca-ra-mel. …
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt, plus a little extra for the top.
- 200g golden caster sugar.
- 4 medium eggs. Egg. egg. …
- 130g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease then line a 23cm square traybake tin with baking parchment. Melt the butter in a medium pan, break in all the chocolate, then remove the pan from the heat and wait for the cubes to melt.
- In a small bowl, mix 175g of the caramel with 1 tsp sea salt – it will loosen up. Put the rest of the caramel in a large bowl with the sugar and eggs, and beat with an electric hand mixer or balloon whisk until even.
- Whisk in the chocolate and butter. In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and a good pinch of table salt, then sift this on top of the chocolate mix. Beat briefly until smooth.
- Pour half the brownie batter into the tin and level it with a spatula. Using a teaspoon, spoon the salted caramel on top of the batter layer in 5 thick, evenly spaced stripes. Spoon the rest of the brownie batter on top and smooth it out, trying not to disturb the caramel beneath.
- Scatter with a little more sea salt, then bake for 25-30 mins or until risen all the way to the middle with a firm crust on top. When ready, the brownie will jiggle just a little when you shake the tin. Let it cool completely in the tin, then cut into squares.
This is the best sandwich (granted brownie and caramel sandwich) you will ever make!